About Us

Located in Mid-Tipperary, the rural parish of Loughmore-Castleiney, comprising the small villages of Loughmore and Castleiney and their hinterland, is midway between the larger towns of Thurles and Templemore.

Founded in 1885, Loughmore-Castleiney GAA Club’s grounds are located between the two villages at Cuguilla, 5km south-east of Templemore.Traditionally a football stronghold, Loughmore-Castleiney are now established as the strongest dual club in the county, becoming the first Tipperary club to do a senior double in 2013.

The Club provided Jim Ryan and Bill Ryan (Laha) to the Tipperary team that played in Croke Park on Bloody Sunday against Dublin in November, 1920 when their playing colleague Michael Hogan of Grangemockler was one of 15 people shot and killed by British forces who opened fire from the sidelines.

Loughmore-Castleiney men Paul Ormonde, David Kennedy and Noel Morris all won Celtic Crosses with Tipperary in 2001, while Micheál Webster and Evan Sweeney have worn the blue and gold of Tipperary more recently.


Loughmore Castleiney GAA Clubhouse




Co. Tipperary

E41 KC58